People of this modern time have enjoyed countless solar energy advantages and disadvantages as well. With the great advancement and development in technology, a good number of sophisticated implementations have been introduced into many homes and offices, including industrial plants. Many tools, gadgets, equipment and appliances have been manufactured, built or created which are used to bring about comfort and convenience more specifically in almost every home.
It is truly wonderful to enjoy a lifestyle with much ease especially with the presence of the modern appliances such as heating and air-conditioning units, refrigerators or freezers, stoves and ovens, and many others. However, in the middle of economic regression, the most common problem being faced by grid consumers is to come up with a solution for powering homes with a less costly electrical bill. Many smart individuals are considering solar energy as the most practical alternative due to various reasons.
People can make use of this form of energy as one of the best substitutes for the electrical network. Any person can enjoy to its maximum level without fear of pollution and high cost of monthly utility bill. Things being equal, it is also important to take note of some facts regarding solar energy advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Solar Energy
Generally, there may be only two conspicuous indications but these are composed of encompassing infinite realms of undisputable benefits. Here are some of the benefits of using solar energy, namely:
- Costless and Abundant – The sun provides the planet Earth with costless and abundant natural energy. You can power up your entire household with this type of alternative power generator. Enjoy a comfortable living without worrying about the monthly bill.
- Eco-friendly – One of the greatest advantages of the sun-harnessed power source is its low degree of ecological contamination. Solar energy is non-pollutant and does not add up to existing environmental impurities. In fact, it is one pure, clean and naturally endowed energy!
It must be likewise known that the natural resources of this planet are facing depletion. Fossil fuels which are essential elements for maintaining sufficient supply of power for the grid are rapidly decreasing. The reason is obviously due to the huge amount of energy consumption at home, in the office, and in both small and large-scale plants, basically used up by humans.
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
It is absolutely true that there are numerous advantages of using this form of alternative power. Neverheless, there must be certain precedences to be observed. These may be considered as the disadvantages of solar energy.
- Cost of Making Photovoltaic Panels – Apparently, the best method to collect sunlight to be converted into electricity is by making photovoltaic panels. The initial cost of making solar panels may prove overwhelming for an average income earner. Basically, the costs of materials as well as the installation of these energy-catching frames are relatively expensive.
- Use of Storage Battery – While it is true that the best storage battery for the sun-harnessed energy does not vent noxious gas, but the fact remains that this is costly. There are cheap batteries for storage though, but these need to be used with proper care due to the possible toxicity of built-in gasses, as far as manufacturing standards are concerned they may emit!
Suggestions for the Con Issues
- Construct DIY Solar Panels – It is cheaper to construct your own photovoltaic frames. What is important is to learn how to make solar panels with the help from some websites that offer DIY solar panel kit construction. This proves less expensive than buying the professionally built solar frames. Always remember the great advantages of using solar energy especially for your own household.
- Buy the Best Storage Battery – The toxicity issue can be eliminated when extra precautionary measures are kept in mind. It would be wise to have the best storage battery that may initially cost high but can last for almost a lifetime. Always take into consideration the durability and long-lasting features of the storage battery that will eventually come out as cost efficient!
For an overall consideration of solar energy advantages and disadvantages, the use of this type of alternative power source is still recommendable. There is nothing more economic and safer than using the sun-harnessed energy. Come to think of it!
Visit Solar Panel Building for more on the benefits that green energy production partnerships on the environment and to yourself.
– Giovanni Pugliese